Jul 14, 2011

They Wrote "YES" on the Left Side of My Head

     

My family and I were waiting in the waiting room. I remember saying to my mom, “if there’s nothing wrong we wouldn’t be here.” She did not a have response she knew I was right. The receptionist took us back to where doc was sitting waiting for us. I tried to smile as we said our hellos and I plopped myself up on the examination bed. The first thing she said was I called you guys here was in regard the MRI results early that day. Then she said “Sarah you have big tumor on your left frontal lobe and reaches your temporal lobe. I’m sorry.” She went on reading the report so some of question we had could be answered but most of them she could not answer. She said it's very important to head down to Indianapolis where she had previously schedule an appointment with neuro surgeon first thin the next morning. I was absolutely disgusted as I walked out of the doctor’s office crying. There were so many things running through my head. How long has this thing been inside of me? What about school? I have finals the next two week how in the world am supposed to focus now?!? My dad response was to forget that all this happened and concentrate on finals. ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!
     The next morning we headed to Indy to see the neuro surgeon. I was sitting on the table and I was very uneasy about the situation. The doctor knocked on the door and my heart stopped. He came in and introduced himself to my family and the endless questions began. Before I knew it I was getting prepped for surgery.

7 comments:

Dena said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hi and introduce myself. My computer has been giving me fits and so although I started following you a few weeks ago I just now am able to do this. I saw your link on scribes blog. After reading that you are going through a rough patch of health and that your an M and m artist I just had to check you out. I went through cancer treatments all of 2010. Not what you have but still I have a sypathetic understanding ear if yo uneed it. I also have a crazy artwork prject in my head using M and Ms. You can email if you want or just end me a message on my blog.

Dena

Reality Jayne said...

I am so glad you are sharing your story

Taking Heart said...

I'm with RJ... so proud of your for putting it out there...

Clarissa said...

Hi!
Just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I admire you for your bravery and putting your story on here. I know it can be tough. And by reading about the type of person that you are, I know you'll get through this!
Good Luck! =)

Bee Lady said...

Thinking about you. I too am glad you are writing your story. As hard as it is, try to focus on the positive and I pray that God gives you the peace that passes all understanding.

Cindy Bee

janis said...

Cindy Bee (Bee Lady) wrote about you & has us praying for you♥ Look forward to hearing of your journey & recovery.
Love & Prayers

Jean said...

Sarah with all you are going through................you made me laugh.
:)